Friday, October 19, 2012

Mommy X2!

So much for playing catch up... The story of our summer will have to wait for another post. This one is simply to say that we welcomed our handsome little guy into our family on August 28th. I could hardly believe that I had given birth to a 9lb 1oz baby! He was just over 22 inches long and had a 14 inch head. That made him 2 inches longer, 2 inches bigger around the noggin and 3 pounds heavier than big sister was. And this time I had the lovely experience of contracting for 2 days off and on before he arrived. He is the best nurser and sleeper! 

Big sister is in love with him just as much as mommy and daddy. The first few weeks took some extra patience, but she is doing very, very well at getting used to sharing me. So is Ryan :) He's doing great at diaper changing again too. Being a mother is truly the most wonderful thing I have ever experienced. Even with the crying and 2 am showers because of spit up, or other bodily fluids; even with the "terrific two's"as my grandma called them, I wouldn't trade it for anything. The hugs, drooly smiles, sleepy eye flutters and "Mommy, you my best friend" 's make it more than worth it.


4 comments:

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Congratulations!! He is adorable! So happy for you!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! He is darling! I can't believe he was so big--that's a big jump from Evelyn!

Elaine said...

He is so cute. And so big! I love his name. Both of your kids are adorable.

Anonymous said...

Such a cutie! Congrats!